Soldier and Family Support
Family Assistance Centers, or FACs, function as a "one stop shop", providing support and resources for all Department of Defense service members and their families and are located throughout the state of Alabama. FAC staff can assist with issues such as legal, financial, medical, emotional and procedural issues that require assistance to agencies outside the Alabama National Guard. They also assist with referrals to military agencies and activities to local, state and federal governmental agencies, non-governmental agencies, and community resources and activities.
Program HighlightsFACs provides many services and here are a few examples of the Services offered:
• Access to ID cards and Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting
• System (DEERS) enrollment
• TRICARE medical and dental assistance
• Financial information, counseling and referrals
• Legal referrals
• Emergency financial assistance
• Mental and psychological health referrals
• Community information and referrals
• Monthly morale calls
If you have questions please call 1-800-231-2846 or contact the Family Assistance Center in your area.