Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Brig Gen Edward Casey is the Alabama Air National Guard Chief of Staff, Montgomery, Alabama.
General's notable past assignments include tours as the 9th Air Force Demonstration Team Commander, the lead solo pilot for the USAF Air Demonstration Squadron Thunderbirds, the Iraq Country Director for the Deputy Undersecretary of the Air Force, International Affairs. He has also flown more than 532 combat hours in support of operations Southern Watch, Noble Eagle, Enduring Freedom, and Inherent Resolve.
General Casey received his commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1995. A command pilot, he has logged more than 5,000 flight hours in the T-37, T-38, F-16 C/D. Prior to his current assignment, General Casey served as the 187th Fighter Wing Commander.
1995 Bachelor of Science degree in Human Factors Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2003 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2009 Master of Arts degree in International Relations/Security Studies, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Ca.
2016 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. June 1998 - June 1999, Assistant Chief of Scheduling / F-16 Pilot, 80th Fighter Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea
2. June 1999 - February 2001, Chief of Training / F-16CJ Pilot, 79th Fighter Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
3. February 2001 - February 2002, Chief of Wing Exercises / F-16CJ Pilot, 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw AFB, S.C.
4. February 2002 - February 2004, 9th AF F-16 Demonstration Team Commander / F-16CJ Instructor Pilot, 20th Fighter Wing, Shaw AFB, S.C.
5. February 2004 - February 2005, Block 50 Program Manager / F-16 Formal Training Unit (FTU) Instructor Pilot, 56th Training Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. February 2005 - September 2005, Flight Commander / F-16 FTU Instructor Pilot and Mission Commander, 63rd Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
7. October 2005 - April 2008, Thunderbird Demonstration Pilot and Assistant Director of Operations / F-16 Instructor Pilot, USAF Air Demonstration Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
8. October 2009 - October 2011, Country Director (Iraq), Deputy Undersecretary of the Air Force, International Affairs (SAF/IA), HQ USAF, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
9. October 2011 - May 2012, Chief of Wing Plans and Exercises / F-16 Instructor Pilot, 388th Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
10. May 2012 - June 2013, Director of Operations / F-16 Instructor and Evaluator Pilot, 421st Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
11. June 2013 - December 2013, Operations Support Squadron Commander / F-16 Instructor and Evaluator Pilot, 388th Operations Support Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
12. December 2013 - February 2014, Special Assistant for Commander/F-16 Flight EX, 421st Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
13. February 2014 - September 2015, Instructor, Fighter Pilot, F-16, 100th Fighter Squadron, Dannelly Field, Ala.
14. September 2015 - January 2018, Squadron OPS/OPS SPT Officer, Fighter Pilot, F-16, 100th Fighter Squadron, Dannelly Field, Ala.
15. January 2018 - May 2019, Vice Commander, 187th Fighter Wing, Dannelly Field, Ala.
16. May 2019 - May 2021, Wing Commander, 187th Fighter Wing, Dannelly Field, Ala.
17. October 2021 - Present, Chief of Staff, Montgomery, Ala.
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: more than 5,000 including more than 530 combat hours
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, F-16C/D, B-737, A- 319/320/321
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1995
First Lieutenant May 31, 1997
Captain May 31, 1999
Major Aug. 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 2010
Colonel March 19. 2018
Brigadier General October 1, 2021
(Current as of November 2021)