Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Chief Master Sergeant Bernadette M. Hollinger serves as the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the Alabama Air National Guard (AL ANG), Joint Forces Headquarters, Montgomery, AL. She is the liaison between enlisted personnel, the Adjutant General and the Assistant Adjutant General. Chief Hollinger is responsible for all affairs concerning mission effectiveness, professional development, military readiness, training, promotion, retention, utilization, health, morale, and welfare for over 1,200 enlisted personnel located at two wings and three geographically separated units (GSUs) within the state of Alabama. Additionally, she provides leadership and guidance to Wing command chiefs. Serves as co-facilitator for the ANG Chief Orientation course held at Joint-Base-Andrews, MD.
Chief Hollinger entered the Alabama Air National Guard and joined the 187th Fighter Wing in March 1990 as a Ground Systems Radio Operator. In 1993, she cross-trained to Information Management where she supported the Wing staff and other groups throughout the unit. In 2008, Chief Hollinger was selected as the Wing and Operations Group First Sergeant. As First Sergeant, she supported a contingency deployment to South Korea for two Air National Guard Wings. After her First Sergeant assignment, Chief Hollinger joined the personnel squadron where she became the NCOIC, Customer Service and Student Flight Leader. As Student Flight leader, she was instrumental in mentoring and preparing more than 400 future Air National Guard members both mentally and physically for Air Force basic military training. Prior to her current assignment, Chief Hollinger served as Command Chief, 187th Fighter Wing, Dannelly Field, Ala.
As a traditional Drill-Status Guardsman, Chief Hollinger uses her civilian education and experiences to assist throughout her military career. She serves as a Level II Acquisition Program Manager for the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., and is responsible for program planning support, financial planning, acquisition management support, and program management. Chief Hollinger served in various leadership roles and has attended several leadership and professional development courses which has assisted in mentoring both civilians and Airmen.
1990 Air Force Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
1990 Ground Systems Radio Operator Technical School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1992 Bachelor of Science, Finance, Alabama State University, Ala.
1993 Information Management Specialist Technical School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
1995 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2008 USAF First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Associate in Applied Science, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2017 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2019 Command Chief Master Sergeant Executive Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
1. August 1990 - May 1993, Ground Radio Operator, 187th Communications Squadron, Dannelly Field, Ala.
2. May 1993 - July 2001, Information Management Specialist, 187th Fighter Wing, Dannelly Field, Ala.
3. July 2001 - November 2005, Wing Historian, 187th Fighter Wing, Dannelly Field, Ala.
4. November 2005 - January 2008, Information Management Specialist, 187th Fighter Wing, Dannelly Field, Ala.
5. January 2008 - August 2011, First Sergeant, 187th Fighter Wing and Operations Group, Dannelly Field, Ala.
6. August 2011 - May 2016, Personnel Specialist and Student Flight Leader, 187th Mission Support Group, Dannelly Field, Ala.
7. May 2016 - January 2019, Superintendent, 187th Operations Group, Dannelly Field, Ala.
8. January 2019 - May 2021, Command Chief, 187th Fighter Wing, Dannelly Field, Ala.
9. May 2021 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Alabama Air National Guard, Joint Forces Headquarters, Ala.
10. February 2021; Present, Course Facilitator, Air National Guard Chief's Orientation Course, Joint-Base Andrews, Md.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Alabama Commendation Medal
Alabama Faithful Service Medal
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Air Force Association
Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class, Mar. 24, 1990
Senior Airman, Feb. 8, 1992
Staff Sergeant, Jul. 12, 1995
Technical Sergeant, Feb. 1, 2002
Master Sergeant, Jan. 13, 2005
Senior Master Sergeant, Jan. 13, 2013
Chief Master Sergeant, Sept. 27, 2017
(Current as of October 2021) Click here to download