"Effective immediately, sections 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 9 of the Consolidated Department of Defense (DoD) Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Force Health Protection Guidance are amended as follows." For a copy of the USD 8 Aug 2022 memorandum, click Here
• Updated guidance on changing Health Protection Condition levels based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 Community Levels;
• Revised guidance for protecting DoD personnel;
• Addition of exceptions to travel requirements that allow U.S. Transportation Command to continue execution of the Joint Development and Distribution Enterprise;
• Updated general travel guidance to include types of "mission-critical" travel and amending the requirement for a risk assessment prior to travel for DoD contractor personnel;
• Removal of outdated information and travel recommendation related to the "COVID- 19 Travel Restrictions Installation Status Update;" and
• A revised definition of "up to date" to include individuals who receive any recommended booster dose(s) when eligible.
For Soldiers who remain not fully vaccinated the link below will provide a presentation discussing the range of available vaccines that provide options for protection against COVID-19 and meet the Department of Defense COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate.